Monday, December 20, 2010

Rum and Eggnog French Toast



Last week we sipped on some Candy Cane Shooters, this week we're celebrating the holidays with
Rum and Egg Nog French Toast.  Yes, that says Rum and Egg Nog French Toast!!  Yum!
As always, there is a kid-friendly option. 

Did anyone watch Iron Chef America last night?  The secret ingredient was Egg Nog. {Luv that show}
Every year I purchase a carton of Egg Nog during the holidays and every year I end up throwing most of it out.  I enjoy a sip or two but can't stomach a whole carton. This year I decided to use up the left over Egg Nog by incorporating it in the french toast we had for supper tonight.

All I can say is, "Melt in your mouth, rich, buttery goodness"
You have to try this recipe


2 eggs
1/2 C. store bought egg nog
2 T. spiced rum (optional)
1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice (or 1/8 t. cinnamon plus 1/8 t. nutmeg)
6 slices bread (I used thick french bread)

Whisk together eggs, egg nog, rum and spices. Heat a griddle. Dredge bread in egg mixture.{I say that like I know what I'm talking about. For non-culinary peeps like me, "Dredge" simply means to dunk or soak something} Butter the hot griddle and place soaked bread on the griddle. Cook on each side until golden brown. Serve with butter and powdered sugar or syrup.
 ~The rum is optional. If you leave it out (like I did because it was just me and the kids tonight) then try adding 1/2 t. vanilla in it’s place. 

Wouldn't these be great for Christmas morning?  
Super simple and everyone{including the kiddos}are sure to enjoy!




4 comments:

April Westerhold said...

I am going to make this on Christmas Eve morning! I'm following you now from Follow Me, Chickadee, Tuesdays!

If you'd like to find out about me, you can look at: http://www.westerhold.blogspot.com

I'm going to post this on my food blog at http://www.mealsforreal.blogspot.com

I will link back to you!

Karen said...

Oh, that looks to die for! French Toast is my favorite. Thanks for sharing! Saw you on Meet Me on Monday. Stop by when you get the chance:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That looks so good!

April Westerhold said...

I did it! YUMMY!
http://mealsforreal.blogspot.com/2010/12/rum-and-eggnog-french-toast.html