Thursday, December 2, 2010

Last minute gift idea. Dust Pan Cookies

I recently discovered this cute gift idea, so I had to try it out.  It's called Dustpan Cookies.

While baking you some cookies,
there was knocking at the door.
As I jumped up to answer it,
the pan fell to the floor.
I stood among the cookie crumbs
and wondered what to do.
The day was late, the time was short,
I had no gift for you.
I bent and swept the cookies up
into a small dustpan.
A friend like you, I told myself,
would surely understand.
The gifts that matter most in life
are those the heart does send.
With that in mind, I give to you
these cookies from a friend.

The idea is rather funny don't you think?  You can download the pdf  file here.

I'm not sure who will end up with this batch, but I'm sure it'll be someone with a sense of humor.
This lovely pink, polka dot dustpan was purchased from a local dollar store and cleaned well before adding these, dare I say it, store bought cookies!  {Gasp~She bought the cookies}
What?  Don't judge me for not baking them myself.   The title of this post wouldn't read "last minute gift idea" if I had to fire up the oven.

So... why not make some dustpan cookies for a neighbor or secret santa?
    

1 comments:

Grace Matthews said...

That's a cute idea. I do not judge you for not baking...I'm not much of a baker myself.

Fellow Blog Hopper:)