Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gift Wrap Post

Have you finished your shopping yet?

If so, then you know what comes next.  The daunting task of wrapping everything!
Anyone interested in a stress-free Christmas morning?
Stress-free Christmas morning?  What?  Impossible!
Well maybe not stress-free, but hopefully I can help minimize the caos that is synonymous with opening gifts by sharing my gift wrapping secret.
Come closer because I don't share my secrets with just anyone!

Shhhhhhhh.....Ready?
 

The secret to a stress-free Christmas morning lays in the gift wrapping procedure.  I learned this trick awhile ago and it works!  Really!  It works!!  You see, kid's have absolutely NO patience on Christmas morning.   When they loose their patience, you'll loose yours.  Kids want what's in the box as soon as the wrapping  comes flying off.  That's why it's important to assemble the toy and toss those cumbersome twist tie thingys before you wrap the present. 

BTW, check out this wrapping paper I found at Costco

 
It's great because, not only is it heavy weight, but it also has a grid on the back that makes wrapping easier.  This is our SANTA paper!  Santa paper is top secret stuff.  All the Santa gifts are wrapped in Santa's special paper.  It's hidden from prying eyes until Christmas morning.

Wondering what you can do with some of your left over paper?

        I  lined the back of a picture frame with Christmas wrapping.  And Voila, instant gift!


One last thing before I get back to my Christmas wrapping marathon.  I want to pass on this neat post!  Brittany (aka Pretty Handy Girl) is showing off her creative gift wrapping ideas here.
I love the snowman idea~


   



7 comments:

Gina Alfani said...

Hi Crystal!

I love your idea for using excess wrapping paper . . . AWESOME!!

I'm following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday . . . check out my blogs when you get a chance :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family . . . Gina

http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com
http://labelladiva.blogspot.com
. . . and many more blogs!

Sockertussen said...

Yeay it's tueasday and I'm following you on Google Friend Connect.
Would love for you to visit my site and follow me back =D

http://sockertussen.blogspot.com/

April Westerhold said...

Thanks for posting this! I wrap like a 2 year old!

This Mom said...

My mom taught me the best Christmas wrapping trick I know: Santa doesn't wrap gifts! Gifts from Santa are just laid out for each child. Obviously this means less wrapping, but it also means there are no concerns about using unique wrapping paper and handwriting for the gifts. And if items are out of the box and assembled anyway, why would Santa repackage them?

However, I grew up with a brother, which made it pretty obvious whose pile was whose. With my two little girls, I think we will have to start start using some sort of labels!

There are always gifts from mom and dad, grandparents, godparents, etc. which bring the joy of unwrapping, so I'm not depriving my kids entirely!

Natalie A. said...

I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! I hope you'll come visit and follow my site! Thanks! Happy Holidays!

http://LocateUtahHomes.blogspot.com

jijie said...

Your newest follower here from FMBT please follow me back here@ Step It Up!

Thanks :)

QuixoticallyChaotic said...

following you through Tuesday's blog hop! Your ideas are great! I especially like your special santa key! ;-)

Maggie
http://www.quixoticallychaotic.com
http://yourdailyshot.blogspot.com