Friday, December 31, 2010

Clock theme New Years

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think, "New Year's Eve"?   I think of a clock that's about to strike midnight!  If you know me well, then you know I'm a very affectionate person.  For me, the best part of the whole evening , is smooching with my loved one, when the clock strikes twelve!
In honor of this special event, {midnight} we made this clock cake.  We used a Betty Crocker confetti cake mix.  Later we decorated it with numbers and clock hands, made from melted chocolate!



We also made these cupcakes 
Cupcakes are waaaay more fun decorate and EAT, don't ya think?
p.s. if you've been following my blog then you know cake decorating isn't my forte.
Therefore, I ask you to please forgive my poor piping skills

In keeping with tonight's theme, I threw together this clock dip for the kiddos! 
The adult version has lots of yummy ingredients but my jewels prefer it simple{ aka mostly cheese}


Right now as I write this post, 2/3 kids are napping {I'll take what I can get}
They may still crash and burn around 10pm, but here's hoping we can all have a BIG group hug at midnight! 

I hope you have someone special to kiss and hug tonight!
If not....wait...let me get some red lipstick on...{smack}...kisses from me


Happy New Year Everyone
Welcome 2011

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute ideas! Your so crafty Carol! I think that's where I went wrong with my lesson plans when I was student teaching :/

Because I love reading your blog, I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. Head over to my blog to accept it: http://introvertedwriter.blogspot.com/2011/01/better-late-than-never-right.html