Monday, November 15, 2010

Parenting tip #25~ Shiny, pretty, expensive Christmas decorations are sure to attract tiny fingers.  That's why I've decided to put away my most precious heirlooms for a couple of years.  I've quickly realized that this "curiosity stage" will soon pass and that I'll be able to enjoy the finer things in life once again.  You may be thinking to yourself, "Why not teach them not to touch your things?"  My answer~ Pick your battles.  There are countless other situations that cause me stress and concern that don't involve trying to protect my "lovelies", all the while exhausting the words "no touch". 
The good news is that you don't have to sacrifice holiday decorating on account of your kids.

Check out these beautiful sparkly Christmas cones I made.  Yep, they're completely child proof.
Wait...retract that last statement!  Nothing in this world is completely child proof.  My children are evidence of this.  Anyway, you get my point! 


I used some glittery craft foam and card stock then adorned them with
pretty stickers. 




These will be added to my Christmas 2010 Lovelies collection

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope this craft idea inspired you to make something!