Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two Tips Tuesday



 Save Money


Schools , universities and businesses are saving money and so can you!
Wondering how?  Well, according to a study done by printer.com you can save $40/year by simply switching your default font.  Printing documents with a font such as Century Gothic rather than Times or Arial will afford you one less ink cartridge per year.  
As well take into consideration the standard advice for trimming printing costs: Print in "draft" mode, use both sides of the page, and always select "print preview" to make sure you're not printing pages with useless text such as a copyright line.  
 Here are some fonts to consider
                                                            {photo courtesy of google images)



Save Time



Are you frustrated and wasting time trying to find the end of the clear packaging tape?  I agree, clear tape is EVIL but here's the simple solution that I use.  

I know, totally genious right?  A tooth pick attached to the end of the clear tape will keep your blood from boiling over when you want to find the end of the roll.

Do you have any helpful tips that will help save everyone time or money?  Leave me a comment or email me and I will consider them for next week's "Two Tips Tuesday Post" 

4 comments:

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Very interesting who would have thought?

Thanks for the follow I'm following you back.

Colleen
Shibley Smiles

~Dawn~ said...

Hello, I'm a new follower to your awesome blog. I'm so glad I stopped by. I love the concept of muffin tin monday!! Fun!

Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

Jen B said...

Your tape idea reminded me of a tip that I saw once. Everyone uses Duct tape for something- if you want to take a length of tape (any type) with you (in your purse, car, on vacation),etc... take an old pen or pencil and roll the tape on the pen. You simply re-roll the tape on to the pen and you have a mini-roll of tape.

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Visiting from the blog hops!

I am ALWAYS searching for the end of the tape...or is it the start of the tape?!? Anyhow...neat idea!!

Hope you'll visit either or both of my blogs and follow.


So Stylilized: FREE custom blog designs: http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner: family blog: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com